The winds that shaped my life

5

Written on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 by Rohan Koshy


This list by no means complete or exhaustive but for now these are few things i can remember.I think ill add to it as time rolls on


* The Death of two loved ones(2 years apart)
In death, life becomes clear. The sudden death of a loved one (twice) has shaken me beyond belief. The fragility of life has dawned upon me. It makes me cling to the ones i love with all i have now.It truly has changed my life.


* Love and pain
The first relationship is always a roller coaster. It sure was with me. Simultaneously being the most beautiful thing to happen to me and one of the most painful, it was an exquisite mix of emotions for 18 months.I have never learnt more than through the terrible pain and incredible joy of those days.

*Unrequited Love
The Second time.Mature Love this time. Unrequited. wow it hurt.

*Google
Knowledge is power. Google is power. At your fingertips.

*My Splendor (Technically my friend's bike)
Ill never forget that motorcycle. The freedom. The feeling. I love it . Eternally indebted to my best friend.

*Running
My heart pounding and thoughts overflowing. Rhythmic motion and Motionless at the same time. May be the best thing about myself I've discovered.

*The matrix
My favourite movie of all time. Smart filmmaking. I'm a fanatic.

*Books.
No not the stuff i learnt in school.The books i read out of self interest. Any page can change your thoughts for ever. Happens to me every second book i read.

*Coldplay
Favourite Band. Just awesome. The music that fixes my mood whenever i need to. That's powerful music.

*The Beepers.
Most people have 1 best friend . I have a whole gang. I consider myself lucky. Really lucky.Also included are my 2 best friends in Melbourne

*Getting 55 p.c marks in 6th semester.
Life will teach you the same lesson over and over again until you learn it. You can't move on to the next lesson until you've mastered the one you're presently taking.It taught me to get rid of the excuses.
*Manchester United and Real Madrid
My teams. i can see why guys would rather watch this than hang around with chicks sometimes. :-). No ..wait a tick.... even the chicks enjoy it now :)...!!

*Orkut and Yahoo messenger.
All my friendships have strengthened through these portals. One special friendship has started through orkut. I'm grateful.Whether my friends are in Pune, Australia or in the USA, they re never far away.

*My family.
Funny to say that my family has changed my life. It's the same for everybody i guess, but even so....a totally cool and relaxed family is a rarity nowadays.

*Living away from parents.
It's a lot of fun. It also gives you a new sense of respect for your parents. You realise what a pain the a** you can be to them sometimes. They don't even say anything.:). But seriously living with 3 other guys is just fun.

*Computer Games
Maybe the most time consuming activity in my life, I've gotten countless hours of enjoyment from games like Diablo2, starcraft, warcraft, Quake 3 (DM17!!), Unreal, half-life, Grand theft auto, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, NFS and Half- life. Consider me a Gamer 4 life .

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

5 Comments

  1. Anonymous |

    :) Nice post...

    Death...shakes you up and makes you realise that nothing is forever, and at the end of it, love is the only thing that matters...

    Love, pain, the first relationship...without a doubt, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL thing that can happen to anyone!!! It's always worth the pain and the heartache!

    Google...sheesh! What would we have done without it?!

    The Splendor, Manu, the matrix, computer games...argh...boys!!!! sigh...

    Orkut/messenger...seems like everyone's favorite pastime!!

    Books/Music...extremely powerful!

    Friends and family...the biggest strength...for most people! :)

     
  2. Rohan Koshy |

    well guys like what they like...else why would the girls fall in love with us :)

     
  3. Anonymous |

    Cause we understand that its a package and we have to put up with the madness if we want the nice stuff! :)

     
  4. Dagny |

    BEAUTIFUL-ly summarized
    :)
    Matured - Unrequited - Love .... it sure does hurt
    :-|
    Google - yeh baybeh!

    Ill never forget that motorcycle - who knows the value of that better than someone who uses a Khataaraa!
    ;)

    Running
    My heart pounding and thoughts overflowing
    ....aaah...well... we both know how awesome it is to push urself to that extra distance and then b exhausted
    :)

    Coldplay
    Favourite Band. Just awesome...
    hmmm...dinno that :)

    Orkut and Yahoo messenger.
    All my friendships have strengthened through these portals. One special friendship has started through orkut. I'm grateful.

    Just a wide :)

     
  5. KiKS |

    Dude... excellent post...

     

Post a Comment